Thursday, March 25, 2010

19th March- Mirissa to Hikkaduwa

Leaving Mirissa

I slept badly that night and ended up waking up just before dawn. I love quiet moments like this and sat by the high wall that acted like a cliff between the sea and dry land. I looked around and realised that I will miss Mirissa and it really proved hard to leave...




Hikkaduwa

Hikkaduwa is another town about 40 minutes north of Galle. It's famed for being the surf hub on the west coast due to its consistent breaks which are more suited for beginner's or intermediates. Professionals may find it quite frustrating. Neverthless, you'd still have a good time riding the waves and just chilling out by the beach. Hikkaduwa is also a tad touristy for my liking so you get all sorts of ppl there, from the hippies right down to the more discerning traveller. Zul and I still prefer Mirissa any day, but if you're looking to learn to surf, this is the best place. I took one lesson and practised on my own after that. Zul was sleeping on one occasion and away on the other....so no pics of me" riding" the waves.....haha. Coincidentally, the Japanese Pro Surfing Association was having a tour in Hikkaduwa whilst we were there so Zul and I were bombarded with "konichiwas" whenever we were out. Actually....we got that almost everywhere in Sri Lanka....

Dinner where I paid 20 bucks ++ for dumb fried chicken. Rip off!

The Arabian themed chillout bar at Top Secret guest house

No comments:

Post a Comment