Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GONE

I saw a cat got run over this morning on  the highway. It was literally right next to me, on the merging flyover. It wasn't even a cat, it was a kitten. It sat there clearly distraught, not knowing what to do. Cars weren't even moving fast because of rush hour traffic and still it died. I stopped my car to try to get to it, but a huge jeep ran over it before I could even open my door. I
I'm sure he and a few others who had passed it saw it. How could they have let that happen?
I cried...over a kitten....all the way to the office. If only I was a little bit quicker....over a kitten

The traffic jam was in a way related to my emotional state. I just can never get Malaysian traffic. Monday- clear, Tuesday building up and come today, chock full of cars. It's almost like people don't go to work on Monday and then just barely pulling themselves out of bed on Tuesday and only in full working mode in Wednesday.
I slumped in my car, thinking what all this is worth? Why do we put up with it day after day? Where are we getting to? and for what?
That got me to think of a slew of other questions.....
I'm tired of living in a place where people have no respect for other living beings and I'm tired of wasting my life in traffic jams......it's just ridiculous....
I need to get out of here...
10th July.....

No comments:

Post a Comment